Yahoo by far is the biggest search engine and is visited regularly by more than 40% of the internet users Three type of Yahoo is there :
The Main (original) Yahoo
The International Yahoo sites
The Regional (City) Yahoo sites.
Yahoo has some very tough criteria for accepting sites. Here are some do’s and don’ts to make sure your site gets in Yahoo:
Follow all their instructions carefully and read information at the following pages before submission.
How to suggest a site: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/suggest/
Finding appropriate category: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/suggest/appropriate.html
- First, in each category, Yahoo lists sites alphabetically by TITLE. So if you can come up with a plausible title for your site that starts with a number or the letter A, B or C, go for it.
- Find the correct category that your site should be listed and do not submit to any unrelated categories.
- For page TITLE only submit your business name or if it’s a non-commercial site, your actual site TITLE. Do not add anything extra after the TITLE.
- Yahoo will find your site if the search words appear in the title, description or URL. So make sure all the important keywords are in the description and title! Work them into the text in a natural way — a list of keywords When providing a description, be very brief.
- Make sure you do not have any pages under construction and that your site is fully functional and all the links work.
- Make sure your business address, phone number and email is easily accessible on your page.
- Be patient. It often takes 6-8 weeks for heoverworked Yahoo staff to even look at your site.
- If you don’t have an ABOUT PAGE or a section about your business or who you are, create one.
- Make sure your site looks professional and does not use low quality images or very large slow images.If your site sells any products or services make sure to have an online ordering mechanism such as a secure order form or secure shopping cart system.
- If your site is a personal page or non-commercial, make sure to have unique content that is worth while or interesting and cannot be found anywhere else.
- Don’t even THINK about bothering them until your site is 100% up and running means site is up 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Make sure your site supports multiple browsers and capabilities. For example java only sites will not be listed).
- Your site must be in the English language
- Make sure your site does not already appear in Yahoo. If you apply more than once a month, they’ll ignore you until the end of time.
- If you apply and don’t get in after two months, submit again.
You can also ask for reconsideration by mail or phone:
3420 Central Expressway, 2nd floor
Santa Clara, CA 95051, USA
Listing Support Phone : 408-731-3333
Phone : (408) 731-3300 — 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM PST
Fax : (408) 731-3301