Your appearance in Google or Bing search results is important to improve click-through rates and traffic. The main component of search appearance is title, description, Favicon, structured data and breadcrumb. Take a search about your website and see what your listing in Google SERPS looks like. A check has taken advantage of the various appearance options Google offers
How to Optimize these components of search appearance.
- Title Tags
- Write Unique, Accurate Titles for Each Page
- Use Keywords In Your Titles, But Don’t Overdo It
- Aim For Between 55-65 Characters
- Meta Descriptions
- Write Unique, Compelling Descriptions for Each Page
- Use Keywords In Your Meta Descriptions
- Structured Data
- Create a Structured For Each Page
- Validate Your Structured Data
- Use Breadcrumb structured data
- Use A Clear, Keyword-Focused URL Structure
- Define Your Favicon – it is important because Google does display a website’s favicon when showing a page in mobile search results.
- When a page doesn’t have a favicon listed in its source code, the browser will show a generic icon – Avoid this.
- You use the .ico file (the file format specifically used to save icons) format for favicons,
- Google hasn’t mentioned anything regarding favicon’s role in ranking.